Wednesday, 10 April 2013

a few recent favourites



PureDerm Exfoliating foot mask: I was both horrified and intrigued after reading Beaut.ie's review of the PureDerm foot mask and the next time I was in Penneys (Primark if you're in the UK) I spied them on display by the till and hastily grabbed one, a little unconvinced of its promises. Without getting into the gritty details, it's made a huge difference to my retail-worn feet. I left it on for the full recommended time of ninety minutes; be warned, it won't be the most comfortable hour and a half of your life, the sock shaped masks feel like plastic bags filled of cold gel and trips to the bathroom involve some very awkward shuffling! Results didn't show for about a week and a half to two weeks, during which time I binned many a pair of socks. Despite the nasty shedding stage (sorry) these masks are, in my opinion, worth the effort and the measly €3.50 they set me back.

Tresemmé Texture Spray: This is my third can of this since it's release a few months ago and while I'd imagine such a product by a brand like Oribe would have better effects it's been great to have in my handbag when my hair needs a little fluffing up and, as promised, delivers instant texture to limp or freshly washed hair.

Topshop nail polish in Utilitarian: I've been stuck in a bit of a nail polish rut recently having exhausted my love for dark berry hues and the weather isn't good enough for pastels or brights yet! So I've been turning to this dark, almost black khaki green for something a little different. I love the unexpected effect of polishes like this which catch the light and show their true hue and I've painted and repainted my nails with this consistently for the past two weeks.

Maybelline gel eyeliner in black: This time last year I wouldn't be caught dead in public without a flick of gel or liquid eyeliner, however sometime during the summer my obsession with retro cat eye flicks fizzled out and I gravitated more towards simpler washes of shadow across the lid. During the past few weeks I've rediscovered my trusty pot of Maybelline gel liner and fallen back in love with the feminine, feline effect it gives my eyes.

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo: This is the most recent addition to my skincare routine after seeing consistent rave reviews about this miracle product from my favourite beauty bloggers. My skin was looking a lot worse for wear and I was breaking out in serious spots all over my chin and forehead - not nice at all. Since using this my skin has cleared up significantly and the overall texture has noticeably improved. I still have a few spots, annoyingly, on my orbital bone and a few small ones on my chin so I'm looking forward to seeing the effects of prolonged usage of this product.

Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla & Macadamia: I saw mixed reviews of this online and picked it up on a whim after seeing this scent in a lone pot in a local Boots. It was love at first sniff. Sickly sweet, heavy, warm vanilla scents are my favourite and this ticks all the boxes. At first I was just enjoying the aroma that came with every application, not noticing its moisturising properties, however after weeks of using only this I've noticed how much softer my lips are.

I always enjoy the non-beauty favourites stuck onto the end of everybody's posts so I might start including a few of my own! I've been devouring two hugely popular television shows; Homeland and The Walking Dead and really enjoying watching them. Also, I'm a massive Game of Thrones fan after practically inhaling the fantasy drama during last Christmas break with my boyfriend so understandably I've been embarrassingly excited about the third season! If you watch any of these shows please let me know so we can all nerd out together in the comments!
Two blog favourites of late have been the lovely Rebecca of From Roses, her blog is beautiful in every way and I've been addicted to the aesthetics of her blog as well as her posts! I love her taste in products and adore her home décor posts and I have been stalking her blog recently. Also, I've always loved Sarah of Saloule and her recent redesign has had me obsessed with her beauty musings. Her product reviews are always so informative and she's Irish too which is always a nice bonus! Please let me know which bloggers you've been loving lately as I'd love to add to my reading list.

As always, thank you so much for reading, especially after this lengthy post, and if you've used/loved/hated any of the products mentioned please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you reviewed the peely foot mask, I really think I'm going to try it now! Love Effaclar Duo too, it's helped my skin so, so much. Also thank you for the mention, so lovely!

    x

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment as I would love your feedback! don't forget to check back for a reply! you can also contact me on twitter @serenaelliott